Dormer installation experts for 3 generations!
Dormer installation experts for three generations!
Dormers Installation Long Island
Whether your family is growing, you just need more space to spread out, or you want to update the look of your property, dormers are a great way to increase the square footage and enhance the curb appeal of your home. Hugh Bauers Contracting is a family-owned and operated general contracting company, and our contractors have been improving the homes of Nassau and Suffolk County residents for 3 generations. In the more than three decades that we have been in the industry, we have established ourselves as a leading Long Island dormer contractor.
If you’re interested in adding a dormer to your Long Island home, it’s important that you choose a contractor that has the knowledge and experience to properly design and build your project. With a proven track record of success, high-quality results, and affordable pricing, Hugh Bauers Contracting is the Long Island dormer contractor you can count on to improve your home.
Why Consider Adding a Dormer to Your Long Island Home?
A dormer is a projection from the sloped side of an existing roof that brings in natural light, adds extra overhead room, and even expands the square footage of your home. This additional feature provides numerous benefits, including:
- Increased living space. Dormers can transform an attic or crawlspace into functional, usable space. Add a built-in bench to the area behind your new dormer to create a reading nook or use the space to create a reading nook or sleeping area. Dormers can add valuable square footage to your home.
- More light. A dormer is a great way to add natural light to your home. More sunlight will instantly make your house a cheerful, more welcoming space.
- Improved ventilation. With the addition of an operable window, a dormer can improve the ventilation in your home, allowing more fresh air to flow in and warm, stale air flow out.
- Enhanced curb appeal. A dormer can dramatically improve the aesthetic appeal of the exterior of your home by breaking up a monotonous roofline and adding character and charm.
Dormers of All Shapes and Sizes
Dormers are available in a variety of shapes and styles, and at Hugh Bauers Contracting, we have experience designing and installing them all. Some of the most popular styles include:
- Gabel. The triangular shape that slopes evenly along the sides of a window, a gable style dormer is simplistic in style and maximizes vertical headroom, making it the most popular of type of dormer.
- Hipped. With three roof planes that slope upward and join together at a central point above the peak of the roof, a hipped dormer is another commonly used feature that will add instant drama to your home.
- Eyebrow. The gentle curved, wave-like design of an eyebrow dormer creates architectural interest that will be sure to make your home stand out.
- Shed. This type of dormer has a lower pitch than the rest of the roof that surrounds it, creating a flat, squared-off space that makes it the ideal solution for adding more square footage to your home.
- Bonnet. A curved roof that’s surrounded by vertical walls on either side of a window is the hallmark of a bonnet dormer. Often, arched-topped windows are installed to match the arch-topped style of a bonnet dormer.
Usually, a dormer matches the style of the main roof; however, at Hugh Bauers Contracting, we can design and install any type of dormer to suit your specific needs. When you choose us as your Long Island dormer contractors, you can be sure that you’ll receive an architectural element that will enhance the form and function of your existing home.
Why Choose Hugh Bauers Contracting for Your Dormer Remodeling Needs?
The addition of a dormer is a complex job that requires keen insight, expertise, and experience. The seasoned professionals of Hugh Bauers Contracting have more than 30 years of experience designing and installing dormers for the residents of Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Over the years, we have successfully enhanced the properties of countless Long Island homeowners with our expertly designed dormer installations.
Using the highest quality materials and the most advanced architectural strategies, you can have confidence knowing that your new dormer addition will tie in beautifully with your existing roofline and enhance the overall style and function of your home.
Fully licensed and insured, you’ll have complete peace of mind when our dormer contractors are on the job. We’ll not only handle the design and installation of your new dormer, but we’ll also take care of all of the permits and make sure that everything is properly installed and compliant with local codes.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Dormer Contractors Today!
At Hugh Bauers Contracting, we take great pride in delivering exceptional craftsmanship. When you choose us as your dormer remodeling contractors, you’ll receive durable, fast, affordable results that will last for years to come.
If you’re interested in learning more about our process or you’d like to discuss your design ideas, contact us today for a complimentary consultation. One of our associates will be more than happy to sit down with you to discuss your vision and start the process of enhancing your home.
OUR OTHER CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
Bathroom Construction Long ISland
Basement Construction Long Island
New Home Building Long Island
New Home Construction Long Island
Contact Us Today